that word again...

David William McKay dwmckay at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 29 03:50:54 PST 2004

Eva P Svensson wrote:

> [...]
Coincidentally, (seredipitously?) the most recent issue of the journal,
CJCD (Canadian Journal of Career Development) has an article on
serendipity in people's career paths with special focus on opera singer
Pavarotti. It includes a bibliography for research on serendipidy and
"planned happenstance" -- academics can't just say "luck" I guess.

The article also pulls from the research the qualities in a client which
best predispose them to taking advantage of serendipity. That may be the
most applicable to folks here -- as Open Space seems to rely on planned
happenstance.

david mckay