Dangerous idea?

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Wed Nov 24 16:35:50 PST 2004

Duff--

Great to have you join in! Welcome.

You raised a good point by saying that the question is whether we are
serving ourselves or serving all. I like that, a lot.

You also raised the point of attacking the attacker still being the use of
violence.

Those two points then make it clear that those who are beheading others are
not serving all, but themselves.

You have clarified my thinking on this, you and HO and Phil and Steve and
others: true, it would be wrong to use a virus or other means to attack the
attackers. So that has taken my question the next step to ask, What if we
used some wholly legitimate means to deny a stage to those who are not only
not helping all, but in fact killing innocents? I do not know what those
means might be, but surely there are things, short of government
intervention, which would make it more difficult for these people to
advertise their horror? Can individuals do anything, including praying,
that would make a difference?

And Funda, about asking them. I think someone raised that on this list
before--was it you?--and either got a lot of objections, or not much
positive response. I think it a good idea--can you imagine, opening space?!
How would the invitation read? Seriously.

                              :-Doug.
                              Who's making a difference?