2nd try

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at boscop.de
Wed Nov 24 12:45:32 PST 2004

Dear Barry
You want some advice, you get it:
invite customers
hugs
mmp

--Original Message Text---
From: Barry Owen
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:40:31 +0000

Seems I hit "reply" . . . and it only went to Jeff . . . so here it
is again :-0

I have just committed to facilitate a 2 day meeting in Open Space for
a real
estate firm . . . We have had much discussion about "givens" because
of the
immense potential for for this very diverse group of people straying
from the
"theme" (Facilitating Real Estate agents is a bit like herding cats).

We have 3 existing real estate offices, 1 office that has been in
operation for
@ 2 months, and 2 offices in "incubation" due to open within the next
month . .
. This meeting will have as its participants as many of the members
of the
"Agent Leadership Councils - ALC" of all 6 of these offices who care
to come.
The ALC is the governing body of the individual office.

The only "givens" we decided to give are the general framework for
the structure
of the ALC (as directed by the corporate office) . . . This will be
done with a
video-taped training session outlining the "purpose and scope" of an
ALC . . .
in the FIRST hour of our time together . . . then we will Open Space.
Beyond
that, we are cognizant of the fact that each individual ALC will go
its own
direction.

Why have all of these ALCs together in this meeting?

The thought was that intermingling all six groups in Open Space would
create the
oportunity for synergistic thinking . . . faster growth, learning,
development
for all . . . It also creates the space needed for each ALC to gather
apart from
the others for "planning/togetherness" . . .

The real challenge was getting "buy-in" from the owner/leadership . .
. who were
not sure that the "right" things would happen . . . Their question:
"Shouldn't
we schedule a part of the meeting for all 6 groups together . . . and
another
part for them to separate?" - In other words, define a "given" within
the Open
Space. I think we're beyond that - Trusting that the process will do
it - ALL!

Any advice/comments/validation . . . or whatev er?

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate such :-)

What does your "way" move you towards?

Barry Owen
The Owen Group
Keller Williams Realty
The fastest growing, most innovative real estate firm in North
America!
105 Westpark Dr Suite 100
Brentwood, TN 37027
615.568.2123
http://www.geocities.com/barryo.geo
OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU ------------------------------ To
subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:
OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs:
http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eG i.G.
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin
++49 - 30-772 8000
www.boscop.de   www.michaelmpannwitz.de

Seit dem 17. August 2004 ist die Open Space World Map online. Stand: 107 Teilnehmende in 27 Ländern, davon 39 aus Deutschland. Werft mal einen Blick in
www.openspaceworldmap.org