Givens: yet more comments

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Sat Nov 20 09:49:59 PST 2004

I think my favorite story in this regard occurred in an OS for a large shoe
company. Prior to the event the word had gone out (in the usual back channel
way) that should "The" issue surface on the agenda wall -- heads would
definitely roll. I never did track the source of this "word," and I don't
think it came from Senior Management -- but it could have. Anyhow, we set
off and surprise, surprise "The" issue was the second one posted. Eyebrows
rose and whispers ran around the circle, but we proceeded. When the group
met, it was a very short meeting. In about 15 minutes flat it was determined
that the issue was a red herring based totally on a misunderstanding of some
company regulation. The air was cleared, the meeting adjourned (When it's
over it' over) -- and folks got on to more productive activity.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit: