Givens -- Again

Jeff Aitken tzimtzum at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 19 17:33:19 PST 2004

Jennifer, when you say "mechanical explanation" it makes me think of things I like to say in the beginning:

-A very short story about Harrison's original open space conference which "consisted entirely of coffee breaks".
-The theme; why we are gathered together.
-Soon I will invite topics based on passion and responsibility.
-Responsibility in OST means: write your passion, give it a post-it, put it on the wall; show up for the session, bring back notes.
-Space and time: where the breakout spaces are, when the session times are, when does the whole group circle again.
-The principles and law; bumblebees and butterflies.
-Now I invite topics.
-After the bulletin board is done, suggest how to resolve conflicts (mixing or moving topics, or not); invite them to sign up and go.

Jeff Aitken
California