Fear of retribution stories

Vliex, Carla (cvl) CVL at tg.nl
Mon Nov 15 05:57:57 PST 2004

Hi Peggy

We once had an Open Space for a govermental organization. There where many people fired (also a CEO) and peolple where afraid of loss of jobs, making mistakes etc. We had an two day Open Space. I really insisted on a twodays gathering. In the first 2-3 sessions peolple where really back in the past and morning about what happened. As we had some more time the seesions later taht day and next day where more about future plans. The sponsors was first very disappointed, especially the first night. He was new and didn't understand that peolpe kept talking about the past and what had happened. At the end of the two days gathering, he realized that he only could move forward bij giving space to passed sorrows.
So my suggestion would be than in an feard based setting, you need more time.
For me it was amazing to see the people took their own time to leave the past behind and focus on the now and the future. In the end nearly theire as an atmosspher of clearing and readiness to work toghether.

Peggy, if you need more detail, you can contact me

from Holland

Met vriendelijke groet,

drs. Carla Vliex
____________________________________