Help in planning an approach to an organization with great value differences

Chris Corrigan chris.corrigan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 10:43:51 PST 2004

Oh yeah!  This is a prime case where Open Space will work
beautifully...diversity, complexity, passion and urgency.  It's all
there.  I would recommend the full 2.5 days if you can, but a minimum
1.5.  That way there is lots of time for dialogue and time for
reflection and action planning.  Go for it!

You'll also find tons of stories from list members who have used OST
with churches and spiritual communities, so you're set.

Chris

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:16:04 -0800, Bob Sullens <wwsully at pacbell.net> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have been asked to work with an area organization of a mainline protestant
> denomination to develop a strategic plan.   The organization consists of
> 70-80 clergy and lay members responsible for a specific geographic area in
> California.
>
> The group has had a history of intergroup conflict based on liberal vs.
> conservative(evangelical) approaches to scripture, doctrine, human
> sexuality, peace work and social justice issues.
>
> In the last year they had a facilitated reconciliation conference, that
> appears to have improved the interpersonal relationships.  Their goal now is
> to develop a strategic plan that they can agree on.
>
> Any suggestions about how best to approach this task would be appreciated.
> I was think that a standard open space approach would work well.  Other
> possibilities are a Future Search Conference or an appreciative inquiry
> approach.

> unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:

CHRIS CORRIGAN
Consultation - Facilitation
Open Space Technology