OS & Evidence based practice

BJ Peters bjp1 at cox.net
Sat Nov 6 13:22:50 PST 2004

Jon-- There are a number of us on this list who sometimes use OST in
conjunction with Appreciative Inquiry (AI). Briefly, AI is about
discovering what's working in the organization, and teasing out the
factors that contribute to the success. These discoveries seed the
vision and design process to create more of the same.

When I use this combination of AI/OST, I use the discovery and dream
phases of AI. For the design and destiny phases of AI, I move into open
space.

If you want more on this, I'd be happy to talk with you off list. Best
--BJ

BJ Peters
bjp1 at cox.net
602.279.4805

"The path of violence moves - sharp, sharper, sharpest, while the path
of nonviolence moves - gently, gentlier, gentliest."
-- Dwarko Sundrani, last active disciple of Mahatma Gandhi