dangerous idea: questions& answers

Funda Oral fundaokan at superonline.com
Tue Nov 30 13:02:29 PST 2004

If we, as individuals, can stand in our own integrity and compassion and therefore cease to "feed" the egos of these people trying to invoke fear and hatred, then we cease to feel drained. We begin to feel empowered. We realize that we do have real power over our own choices. We can choose, in this moment, to create peace in our own little microcosm of the world. This may seem small but it is not. The power of force or control over others is external and is not real power. At the very best it is fleeting. The power of knowing that no matter what the situation, no matter what anyone else can do to you, including cutting your head off, you can choose in that moment to live compassion, that is real power. It is not fleeting and cannot be taken away by anyone, ever. Ok, now i am getting preachy so i'll stop.

duff

But Duff,

when you write;

If we, as individuals, can stand in our own integrity and compassion and therefore cease to "feed" the egos of these people trying to invoke fear and hatred, then we cease to feel drained. We begin to feel empowered

who are these people ?

how we can cease to "feed" the ego of them ?

and Doug was asking;

"Can individuals do anything, including praying,
> that would make a difference?"...

my answer is "yes" we "individuals" can find many peaceful and efficient ways to show our reactions, to make a difference.

Funda