Re: Givens   -- Again : law and butterflies

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Fri Nov 26 12:18:14 PST 2004

In a message dated 11/19/04 11:52:35 AM, hhowen at comcast.net writes:

> Also (contrary to what I
> said before) there is something useful about "vamping until ready" but I
> don't think the talk has much to do with the passage of information -- at
> least not verbal information. It is rather about creating the ambience and
> presenting yourself as facilitator as being really there. So it doesn't much
> matter what you say -- it is more how you say it

Harrison--

I like the concept of "vamping until ready."   It puts a name to a phenomenon
that I have experienced.   Seems that it takes a little time at the start of
the meeting to let everyone arrive in the room, bring back the attention that
is scattered to events at home or office, traffic on the freeway, glitches in
finding the meeting site, etc.   And a bit of taking charge of the space
before you release it to the participants.

Joelle