OST as a halfway technology and other thoughts/questions

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Fri May 14 10:17:57 PDT 2004

In a message dated 5/14/04 5:39:56 AM, raffi at pochtamt.ru writes:

> I am curious, those who have scheduled or seen mini-OS's within a larger
> event, how necessary do you think it is to necessarily do the whole circle walk,
> attention to breath, and other things to open the space? Is it necessarily
> to even sit in a circle? My hunch is if people have already worked together
> for more than a day that the space is already open. I have already participated
> in a fully open OS before within a multi-day conference (this was with
> Intertraining, the professional association of trainers and consultants that
> Michael Pannewitz and Jo Toepfer trained in OST. Almost everyone had at least
> participated in an OS, if they hadn't led one already.)

Raffi--

My own choice would be to do a little bit of ritual, to make a break between
old paradigm and new, so people are not just coming into a different room and
going on with familiar behavior and mindset.   I think I would walk the circle
and review the principles and law--you might choose a different ritual, but
I'd encourage you to do something to establish that this Space is new.

Best of luck with this--the subject is important, and I love that they have
left some time for more open conversation.

Joelle