On the openness of the word open (was: OST and Open Forums) (long)

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Fri May 7 17:48:03 PDT 2004

Thanks, Artur, for the reminder that the name someone puts on an event does
not guarantee the quality of what happens.

Even a certification process would not guarantee that "certified"
practitioners would not stray from the simple and great design of OST.   There's very
little way of keeping people from doing what they have decided to do!

I like the fact that we use the words "open" and "space," because the name is
a reminder to me to keep noticing whether the event unfolding before me is
open and spacious. and also to notice where I may be closed or limited.

In closing, I can't resist teasing you a little--   You wrote:

<<Have a nice weak end>>

But "weak" in English is "not strong," so the message as mis-typed does not
have quite the good wishes you intended.   Have a wonderful weekend yourself!

Abracos,

Joelle