OST and Open Forums

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at boscop.de
Fri May 7 01:38:34 PDT 2004

Well, you do describe one option: stir them up.
Another is to invite them to go seek a more productive place to be
in.
Might cost you your customer.
Certainly is less work.
An entirely other option is to have a planning session where this
stuff is put on the table.
Reason I mention this: just facilitated an open space that worked
beautifully till it came to action planning. It turned out that
people loved to be together, get to know each other, discuss stuff
that they have a passion for (50 people generated 33 issues and
submitted 30 reports) but had not much interest in taking next steps.
So I asked myself, why did I think action planning was a good idea?
The sponsor told me.
On the phone.
No planning meeting.
Additional work for me.
Another lesson for me on my journey to work less.
Greetings from Berlin
mmp

--Original Message Text---
From: Erich Kolenaty
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 10:14:26 +0200

 But what to do, if you have a
crowd which feels well settled, with not much passion for anything
special?
Can be rather boring. the other option is to stir them up a little,
to make
them affected, to create tha chaos you need for Open Space.

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de
www.openspace-landschaft.de

An der E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" für deutschsprechende open space-PraktikerInnen interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.