Open Space / Open List / The Public Domain

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Wed Mar 31 23:40:22 PST 2004

not at all, therese... i sit here as the one non-tech community tech
volunteer guy who gets to see what 400 people will think up and bounce
around in conversation for changes to things that i am often sole
caretaker for... i set up a little website once, and then when everybody
got talking the next year in berlin, suddenly i had translations coming
in all kinds of languages i couldn't read and i was cloning the site
over and over... we just set up an estonian wiki... if you check with
folks who've brought requests large and small for tech things to be
built out, i think they'll say they've got a pretty warm and quick
response... and results in every case so far, for five years now. along
the way, i've seen some things and thought some things and discussed
some things with others... so when i hear tech questions, i tend to jump
in with the quickest clearest answers i have. i thought i gave you a
bunch of answers to your question about delete. all of these questions
have many angles. the deleting is actually an idea that i'd thought of
and commented on in my first posting to birgitt. if i thought it was
easy or feasible i'd have mailed boise state straightaway. since i
didn't i said so, and if somebody here finds what i say is not accurate,
then they should speak right up... and they do and they will! of course
sometimes i also suggest they sign up to do some of the legwork on it as
well, mindful of the freebie relationship we have with the list serve
folks at boise state. also my hands hate to type, so sometimes i leave
out a few words and maybe that makes some things more sound more direct.
hope that helps. m