oslist core purpose & the exchange of "ideas"

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at boscop.de
Tue Mar 30 04:38:00 PST 2004

systems are variably selective in distributing information.
so are individuals.
I have worked with sponsors that were quite keen on having the
Television Network record the circle and distribute the stuff
happening there to the world .
Others would take great pains in keeping the distribution of the
documentation closely controlled (every copy accounted for, names of
the recipients written on the copy).
Others again didnt really much care about the event as long as they
could have a glossy report to distribute afterwards.
And there were further variations.
My understanding is that "healthy" living systems share encoded
information with their environment to "improve" the relationship
"between" them and their environment and do that selectively and
differently at each point in time.
If you translate "healthy system" with "complex adaptive system" the
idea of adaptation (in other words: it depends) comes thru more
clearly.
Or: there are no rules but there are complex processes mingled often
in mysterious ways....with the result of life continuing pretty
splendidly or as some say "muddling through".
If the core purpose of a system is, lets say high learning and high
play, which sort of fits the bill for me for the oslist, the criteria
for "sharing information" that best support that core principle are
of interest.
For me such things as "real life experiences", "telling it the way it
is", "feelings", "conflicts", "confusion", "chaos"....more of that is
perhaps supportive for high learning and high play.
Whenever a member of the list speaks from their heart, offering both
feelings and facts, for instance, the temperature and the process of
communication get up there..."improving" the relationship between the
subsystems and raising my interest, for instance, in diving into the
stew.
Greetings from Berlin where spring is arriving and my kids have
announced this to be the day to start the barbecue season which
prompted shopping for all the ingredients, dusting the garden
furniture...grand interactions...and soon grand food
mmp

--Original Message Text---