missing mail?

EVERETT813 at aol.com EVERETT813 at aol.com
Wed Mar 10 20:21:36 PST 2004

Eva, Joelle, et. al.,

Yes, spam filters seem to be the culprit.   I have several investment,
political opinion, self-development and economic opinion letters I subscribe to and
from time to time they stop coming.   AOL is especially bad for this.   Then,
I have to go and sign up again.

Today, I received a notice from Motley Fool (investment letter) with the
following at the top of the letter:

 "To prevent this and other Motley Fool email newsletters from getting swept
up by an overzealous spam filter, please add our "From" address
(Fool at foolsubs.com) to your address book."

This is the first time this has appeared.   So, it may be that by putting the
'from' address, or maybe the OSLIST at ......address in our address books, then
something in the spam filter checks that and lets it through.   This is all
conjecture on my part, based on the above request by Motley Fool.   That will be
tough for the OS listserv because the mail comes from the individual, not the
listserv.   Don't know what to do about that other than creating a folder on
my email list that contains all the email addresses of those who post on the
list serv for OS.   That way my address list won't grow to disproportionate
(e.g. gargantuan) length.

There is probably some more savvy systems person on this list who can either
say the theory is correct or not.   Who knows?   Let s/he speak now!!

Paul Everett