Intellectually unlayered!

Judi Richardson judir at accesswave.ca
Mon Mar 22 18:23:05 PST 2004

I've been working with a management team exploring building their capacity
to lead.  As they are proceeding the team wondered if they truly had their
fingers on the pulse of their staff.  They decided to hold an OST for
everyone – theme was Issues and Opportunities for a Respectful Workplace.
Generated 40 topics – everything from “communication” to “stop the lies” to
“giving positive feedback” to “making assumptions”.  Over 50 people attended
including management, part-time and full time staff.  People with university
degrees to those who could not read and write – and I watched those who
needed someone to write for them attract exactly the right person.  There
was no hesitation as to language.   I was delighted at the simple
exploration and generation of issues – intellectually unlayered!

We did a non-convergence to generate first steps and I watched as 12 out of
15 initiatives were about taking personal responsibility.

Ahhhh – the joy of self-organization!

cheers,
Judi

Judith Richardson, MA
Coaching & Consulting
Optimizing Performance, Potential and Profitability
www.ponoconsultants.com
www.emergentfeminine.com

Check out www.emergentfeminine.com for special programs and new products!
Get Ready to Reap the Rewards!