visual bumble bees

Florian Fischer ff at begleitung-im-wandel.com
Thu Mar 11 05:51:30 PST 2004

Am 28.02.2004 7:28 Uhr schrieb "Visuelle Protokolle" unter
<mail at visuelle-protokolle.de>:

> ..I want to ask you a question.
> .....When I walk through the groups in an OS, listening here, taking visual
> notes there, ...following the energy of honey smell. During the day I gather
> lots of images I draw this way, images which I bring together. ... I show my
> honey to the group afterwards, many of the others like it to have a visual
> overview of the proceedings, .....the unspoken energy that I felt and drew. So
> I found out that I create a group memory this way.
> ......you often talk about 'holding space'. But at African tribes meetings, at
> coffee brakes there is nobody holding space, or it is everybody. Self
> organized.
> Wouldn't some of you like to test a service to the group similar to the one I
> am practizing? Holding space in another way?
> Just start walking around drawing little images, not as a participant talking
> and arguing with the others, but wandering to and fro silently and open
> minded? And thus producing something wich no written protocol of the groups
> can substitute? As a stepping stone for sustainability, something to come back
> to, to show others?
> And maybe this way also participants would follow the example and draw a bit,
> like in World Cafè meetings using the table cloth for visual notes?

dear reinhard,
about the question whether there is a space-holder
in the coffe-brake I´m sure it´s the bar-keeper.
about the question whether there is a spaceholder
in african tribe meetings,I called my friend irene,
she is well experienced in ethnology, lived together
for a lot of while with the tribe of the dinka in sudan.

yes, she answered, they never meet without someone,
who  is called AGAMLONG.
agam is confirming, long is speach/speaking.
in english we my translate that as confirmer or transmitter
he is repeating part by part of the discussion between
different opinions of the participants.
that´s the way how the the dinka do it
to give space, to give honour, to expand the now,
to appreciate the process, to frame the emergence.

your way of confirming a discussion by taking little images
may serve in an equivalent manner.

come to goa, to our next following OSonOS.
show up into the circle, draw your message on a sheet of paper
and offer it on the marketplace
it will be fascinating.

florian

florian fischer