here the story..- 2 schools became one on saturday in Copenhagen

toke toke at interchange.dk
Mon Mar 1 17:22:29 PST 2004

that was the appetizer.....

here the story..

2 school in central copenhagen have existed for 2 generations - they
are next door to each other - but has never cooperated and has
developed 2 different cultures - now some courageous politicians
finally decided that they must become one school...

So we used open space for that ... 6 1/2 hour on a saturday
- 110 people showed up from both  schools - 15 pupils many from the
pupils councils, 60 teachers, and 35 parents.....

The kindergarden classes had made large drawings on how they saw the
new school - this adorned the 2 sport halls that was the frame of the
process...
we checked into the days with the band from 5 grade playing "oye como
va" - Santana song - then we team palyed with a tennis ball game - with
much laugther and innovation
- and then opening space with 2 rounds and a medicin wheel council in
the end.

They realized they not only could but that they enjoyed working
together....

the new school community was  created...and now they know they can do
together...

they were truely surprised

it is such a pleasure and necessity to involve the children in creating
their own future learning environments...

many greetings

- toke

søndag 22. feb 2004 kl. 06:12 skrev Harrison Owen:

> Love the pictures, but tell us more about the schools and what
> happened!
>
> Harrison
>
> Harrison Owen
> 7808 River Falls Drive
> Potomac, Maryland   20845
> Phone 301-365-2093
>
> Open Space Training www.openspaceworld.com
> Open Space Institute www.openspaceworld.org
> Personal website http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hhowen/index.htm
> OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives
> Visit:

"Many tensions in the world may originate
from the conversations that never take place."
- Margrethe the second of Denmark - 31.12.03