conscious of evolution as it evolves. ???

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Sun Jul 25 13:53:47 PDT 2004

Brian, Harrison--

I've participated in 4-day Open Spaces, and they do have a nice spaciousness.
  4 or 5 days is a long haul for the facilitator, even if we are "not doing
anything"--but doable. My first experience as a facilitator, pre-OST, was five
days of combined facilitation and teaching, at conferences.

Five days for an OS makes a lot of sense where the issues are complex and
participants have come together from a wide area.   I've noticed that there is a
rhythm or cycle to a meeting which seems to adjust to the time available.
The biggest difference I observe is between a one-day and a two-day meeting,
with an overnight meeting definitely going into more depth.

The wonderful results you saw, Brian, certainly suggest the value of a longer
meeting!

Joelle