AW: point of non-intervention

Visuelle Protokolle mail at visuelle-protokolle.de
Tue Jul 20 23:17:58 PDT 2004

Koos wrote:

To me, the essence of Open Space is all about reminding. Reminding
people of something they already know and can do. We all have this basic
knowledge and these basic skills. For some folks, the reminding just
takes a little more than for others. And people sometimes tend to forget
bits again along the way.

This reminding thing can be handled in many different ways.  ...

To me it seems, that 'reminding'  is one way, activating the mind, the
left side brain, and that 'repatterning' is another one, bringing the
old and forgotten patterns to life, which we all have plenty off
insides.

David Sibbet, our beloved friend and paragon, looked at our live images
we draw during meetings, and suddenly proposed to use the expression
'repatterning', cultural or visual repatterning. He said: we all gather
pictures from the moment of birth until we die, but there are so many
pictures and images, that we normally have no access to them. But they
represent what we know and feel, sometimes even as archetypes. So if you
come with your external images, you touch the inner ones, bring them in
order somehow, and make them accessable.

As you say, there are many different ways ...

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Best regards

Reinhard

VISUELLE PROTOKOLLE