Is there a need to hold space for people to ask the question, "what'

R. Duff Doel duff at innergy.ca
Tue Jul 20 09:33:19 PDT 2004

My take on this is that during the process of evolution, the evolving entity
is unaware of it but may become aware of past evolution upon reflection. The
only exception to this would be when there is a "revolutionary" change (or
sudden, dramatic mutation) and in this case it is obvious to the whole
species which will then tend to attempt to "cull" the mutation. This means
that in general, a sudden evolution will only survive if it is significantly
superior to the norm and is able to take over from it or sequester itself
from it.

Perhaps one of the most significant evolutionary changes we have experienced
is that we are now able to question this need to cull the mutation. If we
can learn to overcome this then the species may in the near future,
experience dramatic evolutionary leaps.

duff - (i guess, no longer a lurker...)