An explicit invitation to live in OS beyond OST

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Tue Jul 20 08:23:13 PDT 2004

Zelle--

I think you and Harrison and I are saying the same thing.

When Harrison writes:
 << But why do we REALLY do it? My answer to this one would be -- to
 << enable folks to see themselves as they really are, and fully appreciate
 << their wholeness.

when Zelle writes:
 << another step towards or maybe starting to go past the half-way point.

and especially when Zelle writes:
 << For me, opening space is about inviting authenticity and spirit into
the
 << room and noticing what comes out.

these are alternative pictures of what I saw when I wrote:
 << the next steps are to consciously evolve the species called humankind,
and
 << in my view, toward what is good, life-enhancing, beauty.

What I am seeing is that it is our job to invite that wholeness,
authenticity and spirit which is life-enhancing. How many of us would if
asked, facilitate a meeting of Al Qaida to plan the next attack on
humanity? There is a place for facilitators to be neutral, there is a place
for them to be human. Sometimes we must choose.

It seems to me most of the people whose posts I have seen on this list have
already chosen. They have chosen life. Now we must--we must--for the sake
of the species--work toward life. We have an opportunity. We can awake each
day and work towards it.

Now Zelle takes it a step further and says Let's get conscious about this
death thing--we must give up something to get to authenticity, and so let
us focus on what that might be. So I applaud that eye-opening. It is
perhaps necessary so that people come "back to their daily lives" ready to
do battle with the dragons that would pull them back into the pit.

Thus the next question is (at least it is revealing of how I think!): What
does that look like? How would we do that? Would we open space still a
third time (1st on Day One; 2nd on Day Three for convergence and next
steps) to plan what needs to die?

                              :-Doug.
                              Seeking people making change.