event length

kerry napuk k at napuk.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 02:41:12 PDT 2004

Joelle

I agree there is a big difference between one and two day events.  We
find it impossible to get into any  planning in a one day event, but
even an extra half day allows time for people to make outline plans
for priorities and other actions with enough energy.

If there is at least two hours for outline planning, we use a
standard reporting format and provide time for project leaders to
report their plans to the Community, allowing feedback from other
participants who can make contributions or even join their team.

After one day, it is amazing how precious that extra time becomes,
especially the added value of an overnight "soak" on issues and
actions.

Cheers

Kerry
Open Futures