AW: storytelling in OST

Visuelle Protokolle mail at visuelle-protokolle.de
Tue Jul 20 13:58:09 PDT 2004

storytelling can be a very interactive element in OS. Recently in Oberursel I proposed a group session about story telling and fairy tale drawing. It went like this:

I opened the session proposing my idea, and when it was accepted, everybody sat down to invent a short storyline. The storylines were put to the wall, and each one was interpreted by its author. Then the group voted, which storyline it wanted to follow. Then the group split into two subgroups, one to formulate the choosen fairy tale and to write it down, and one to draw it simultaneously on a frieze of about five meters.

At first there were several people taking the chance to produce nonsense, and many laught abour it. But by it self the atmosphere got more serious and productive. Of course there still was a lot of traffic between the two subgroups, and a lot of fun and laughter.

Then the group went into the plenum, and offered to show its fairy tale to the whole group. While one person was reading the story, another one followed the drawn story to make it visible to everybody. A good experience!

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Best regards

Reinhard

VISUELLE PROTOKOLLE