Where do we go from here? A Pitch for Krakow in Poland!

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at boscop.de
Thu Jul 15 07:46:37 PDT 2004

Dear Harrison and you others concerned about "Where do we go from
here":

I agree, some of the stuff I have been trying and I assume a lot of
the stuff others have tried has contributed to establishing "first
approximations".
Thats fine.
But I find it  frustrating, to be in the business of creating "first
approximations" over and over and over.
Being rather on the impatient side of things (not a good base for
unattachment) and wanting to get beyond "first approximations" I keep
longing for manifestations of the "dynamic interrelationship of
complex forces - chaos, conflict and confusion - productive of
wholeness, health and harmony..."
What are the "requisite conditions" for that process?
In our neighborhoods, cities, organisations, nations and beyond?
What are the requisite conditions for the InterActive Organisation
and beyond?
What are our experiences especially as part of organisations or as
facilitators working with organisations which manifest "first
approximations"?

Those concerns have driven Jo Toepfer, Hans Georg Wicke and me to
offer space in Krakow September 3 and 4 to jointly get our bearings
....where do we go from here.
We are convinced that this concern needs many breaths, lots of
breathing, breathing and working together...so Krakow, in our mind,
is an important step on this journey.
We also think it needs a coming together in person...beyond the
discussions in our lists.
We are now 15 from Spain, Poland, Germany, Denmark and the
Netherlands.
Join us.
The invitation can be found at:
http://www.joconsult.de/
Click on "Invitation to conference..." , the first item under "News".

Greetings from Berlin
mmp

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:02:26 -0400, Harrison Owen wrote:

>My real hope in raising some the issues that I have was/is to open some =
>space beyond Open Space Technology, Appreciative Inquiry, Dialogue, =
>Community building and the like. If it is true that difference is =
>appreciated, deep conversation achieved, community enlivened, etc -- all =
>as the natural concomitant of a well functioning self-organizing system =
>-- how do we build on that? This is not so much a matter of "doing a =
>better Open Space" -- but rather doing better in the open space of our =
>lives. In "The Practice of Peace" I attempted to use what I perceive to =
>be the learnings from Open Space (start with invitation, convene a =
>circle, welcome passion and responsibility) as a first approximation. =
>But I think it is only that, a first approximation. Where do we go from =
>here?
>
>Harrison

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464

Informationen zu open space und future search:
www.michaelmpannwitz.de

123 Berliner open space-Veranstaltungen von 12 BegleiterInnen in 16 verschiedenen Bereichen:
www.openspace-landschaft.de

An der E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.