Silence

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Sat Jan 24 02:58:30 PST 2004

Poetry, eh Karen?

Then here's a nice quote from Wallace Stevens:

  "I do not know which to prefer,
  The beauty of inflections
  Or the beauty of innuendoes,
  The blackbird whistling
  Or just after."

-- From "Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird"

Chris

---
CHRIS CORRIGAN
Bowen Island, BC, Canada
http://www.chriscorrigan.com
chris at chriscorrigan.com

(604) 947-9236

Karen

<76066.515 at compuserve.com>

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 12:20:20 -0800
To: OSLIST <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
From: Ashley Cooper <ashcooper at earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Silence

> Prayer = IS + EN
> Reflection = IN + ES
>
> Where IS=internal silence, IN=internal noise, ES=external silence and
> EN=external noise.

chris (or anyone else!),

why is external noise a part of prayer? or what is the external noise
considered to be?

stumped,
ashley

www.ashleycoop.blogspot.com
if you're easily amazed, do come and play!