Police

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Tue Jan 20 22:55:03 PST 2004

My experience with Open Space Technology is that it is one crazy idea to
try to wrap one's head around without ever experiencing it.  Almost no
one believes that it works.  Part of trying to overcome this resistance
in my experience has been sharing stories of how people in similar
sectors have been using the process.

I think that the realization that people are people is something that
comes in an accelerated fashion if one has been around OST for a while,
because it tends to blur or erase those boundaries that we construct
around ourselves.  Through and ongoing practice of OST I think we come
to experience the kind of mutuality that Michael Herman once described
to me as "making others as real to me as I am to myself."

I think that's cool.

My perspective on these kinds of conversations is that I enjoy reading
stories of how Open Space is being used by facilitators, organizations,
communities and people.  I enjoy following the learning journeys that
many list members are pursuing.  I like it when new people arrive on the
OSLIST, ask a few questions, use OST, report their amazement and success
and grow into a deeper and subtler appreciation of the process and its
potential.

Chris

---
CHRIS CORRIGAN