Silence/Music/Dancing/Stories at the third annual learning exchange in the german language realm

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at snafu.de
Fri Jan 30 05:29:06 PST 2004

Dear all,
at our third annual open space-learning exchange in the
german-language realm earlier this week one participant silently
walked the circle with his eyes while holding the talking stick
during the closing circle...picking up on a queue from the
facilitator from Poland: "Listen to what the others are saying, dont
think of what you will say when the talking stick reaches you, when
it does, hold the stick, let it then speak through you if there is
something to say out loud, we will listen to the words or to the
silence and if something is said from the heart, we will listen with
our hearts."
On the two evenings the german-speaking participant from France
engaged many participants into dancing to handmade music and all
kinds of great folkmusic ... eventually performing complex
choreographies...everyone smiling and laughing and having a grand
time hours on end...
I am sure there was plenty of story telling going on in different
places, especially near the fire....
so we had at least three of the four "healing salves"  Birgitt
reported on from Angeles Arriens work.
What I find impressive and reassuring is that the facilitator seemed
to have little to do with all of this...and to my reading contributed
immensely to all of this unfolding by being totally present and at
the same time invisible.
In that vain I support Larry's note on the role of the facilitator,
the role of the sponsor and, my addition, the power of
selforganisation unfolding unfettered by interventions of the
facilitator.
Greetings from Berlin
mmp

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de
www.openspace-landschaft.de

An der E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" für deutschsprechende open space-PraktikerInnen interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.