FW: Editorial Work for OS & OST & POP goes our Youth

chris macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 06:36:55 PST 2004

Thanks Kelvie - you are a wordsmith wonder

I have put your edited text up at A European Union space I co-edit.
http://www.knowledgeboard.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?comment=1985
If its not OK, shout and I can of course re-edit

Whilst on the line, I am trying at the moment to map in each European
country a first point of contact amongst youth networks who care about
peacemaking -if anyone has some suggestions of people I should be trying
to connect to please say. The only reason why I say European is that
this is a geographic networking role I have been co-assigned by the
Australian movement of 200 peacemaking NGO's
http://www.collapsingworld.org <http://www.collapsingworld.org/>   I
would love to contribute to a world map of youth movements if anyone
else is starting work on such a compass.

Sincerely, Chris Macrae, wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk, 2004 Year of
Transparency, www.valuetrue.com <http://www.valuetrue.com/>

Updates:
04.1
For a couple of months I have been discussing a few terms with experts
in Open Space. This is a sort of consensus paragraph we have reached:

Open Space - gateway to real time, real place deep reflection,
conversation and idea development (special thanks for editing help to
Kelvie Comer)

Open Space technology ( <http://www.openspaceworld.com,>
http://www.openspaceworld.com,  <http://www.openspaceworld.org,>
http://www.openspaceworld.org,  <http://www.openspaceworld.net,>
http://www.openspaceworld.net,  <http://www.practiceofpeace.com>
http://www.practiceofpeace.com ) permits every human to make the most of
their time.

Systemically, Open Space is the simplest tool people will have for
communally valuing the dynamics of Conflict, Change and Chaos. Each of
these 3 C's is depressingly misunderstood whenever our human race
forgets its essential collaborative spirit - what makes us better at
value multiplying than those species we call animals.

For example, when people come together in conflict, highly passionate
perspectives may emerge with deep feelings. If these feelings can be
resolved in a way that openly engages everyone in the prospects for a
better future than the conflict ridden past, a valuable collaborative
initiative is now started. Our current understanding of conflict is
systemically immature both in commercial business contexts and human
policy places and environments. Equally, if we can go openly beyond this
barrier, the prospects for the human race's innovative diversity may
become wonderful at every locality worldwide.

I picture conflict as a gravity attracting huge passions and interests;
its often been stirred up by a congregation of compounding winds of
change (Chaos); Confusion (and its tragic partner destruction) is what
happens if one person or one sectional interest tries to rule over this
space and all the people passionately interdepending on communal human
sense and hoped for progress. Openness and reconciliation of respect is
the only pathway I can imagine truly leading out of descending into
conflict's communal hell. (do you have a different picture? )