What would you do?

Therese Fitzpatrick theresefitz at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 29 14:08:09 PST 2004

I may have been unclear in my post about 90 minute OS.

I have been in countless gatherings that explained Harrison's principles,
did a quick marketplace and had an OS within the confines of 90 minutes.
That was OST, right? The word technology means tool so in my view using OS
this way was using open space technology.  OS does not require experts and
it does not require more than ninty minutes.  By making that last statement
I do not mean to suggest that a full day or two or more is not better.

I understood that you were hoping to make your 90 mini-OS the best you can,
Birgitt.  I was responding more to someone's statement that OS cannot occur
in 90 minutes so don't do it.

I am pretty sure I have been in open space during coffee breaks at non-OS
conferences and I am pretty sure the reality of OSTechnology was with me on
the coffee break even if the person or persons with whom I spoke did not
know the principals of OS.  If OS was already 'here' or already 'there' when
Harrison first discerned it, it can surely be present in 90 minutes.  Or am
I missing something?