Monopolizers

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Wed Feb 25 06:21:41 PST 2004

Definitely NO Questions! Sounds mean and rude -- but I have never found
any question that would not answer itself once things got rolling. So --
Let it Roll! But there are times when things can get a little sticky at
Evening news or in the Closing Circle. I call these folks Space
Invaders, and you will find a pretty good description of What-to-dos in
"Open Space Technology: A User's Guide." It is a funny thing -- but I
have not had a good Space Invader for years. Used to get a good crop,
and I don't think I am doing anything differently now. Odd. One thing to
keep in mind, however if you are using a Talking Stick. There is a
discipline here which says that if you have the stick you may talk --
and some folks do seem to go on. And once you start, there is no turning
back. This can mean that the closing can go on for hours. I remember one
that went for over 4! A number of folks left (Law of Two Feet), but the
stick completed its rounds. And -- I never heard any serious complaints.
Perhaps even more surprising, I heard from a number of people to the
effect that the total experience was awesome, in a positive sense. That
was certainly true for me, albeit my "sitter" was definitely sat out.

Harrison

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit: