Properties of circles

Artur Ferreira da Silva artsilva at mail.eunet.pt
Sun Feb 15 16:08:05 PST 2004

Peggy:

Thanks very much for your marvelous explanation of why cascade doesn't
work. In what concerns the other small point:

At 11:49 15-02-2004 -0800, Peggy Holman wrote:

>*  Artur's comments on OST's foundations and the principles reminded me of
>something I've come to believe: the law of two feet is fundamentally to take
>responsibility (one foot) for what you care about (the other foot).  When
>this law is the foundation, the principles emerge.  In other words, the
>principles are the RESULT of the law.  I do find the principles useful to
>name because they are more easily embraced when explicitly made visible.

That is very close to my thoughts, indeed. The law is definitivelly a
"foundation" - the principles are at best corolaries. One can name them or
not. In any case, with the right foundations open space and
self-organization emerge. Many say that the principles are the best
discription for what emerges. For others, some of the principles need to be
slightly rewriten. But that is a different point...for a different
post...some day...

Regards

Artur