What would you do?

Christine Whitney Sanchez milagro27 at cox.net
Thu Feb 26 11:57:10 PST 2004

Dear Friends,

In a little more than a week, Arizona State University Center for Nonprofit Leadership and Management is sponsoring the 6th Annual Forum on Nonprofit Effectiveness:  Building the Capacity of Arizona's Nonprofit Sector.  There will be between 120 - 180 NP leaders from around the state who are well accustomed to the format they will experience most of the day...expert panels and Q&A.

As a bold move on ASU's part, I've been asked to facilitate a very short open space to finish the day focused on the convening question, "What can we DO in the next year to build the capacity of our sector in Arizona?"  No action planning, obviously but the sponsors hope to stimulate a different level of dialogue.  Since there is only 1.5 hours available for the open space session I am leaning toward having only one 45minute breakout session with the remainder of the time devoted to opening and closing.  But I've also been considering 2 half hour breakout sessions with less time for brief reports and the closing. Given that this is going to be the first OST experience for nearly everyone in this group, I am looking for a balance between longer, richer discussions in the breakouts with the fuller self-organizing experience that 2 shorter breakouts might offer.

I would especially appreciate any examples of times where you've opened space for this number of people in this short time frame and what you found most effective.

Thanks in advance for sharing your insights and suggestions.

Christine

Christine Whitney Sanchez
Triune Milagro, LTD
2717 E. Mountain Sky Avenue
Phoenix, AZ  85048-8990
milagro27 at cox.net
480.759.0262  phone
480.759.0403  fax
VISIT OUR WEBSITE:  www.triunemilagro.com

Invoking the wisdom and capacity of the human spirit!