Questioners and invaders

Ralph Copleman rcopleman at comcast.net
Thu Feb 26 05:21:50 PST 2004

Hi,

On the issue of questions in the opening, I do it a little differently than
my good friend and mentor HO.

After I've completed my remarks, I ask, "Is there anything I've said about
how to do this that is unclear?"  Occasionally (perhaps one time out of
three), someone will ask me to repeat the part about what happens if two
people post the same topic.  Sometimes someone will ask me to explain where
the breakout spaces are.  The questions are always on that level.  But no
one has ever attempted to "invade" the space in any way that I recognize.

As for evening news-type circles, the biggest time/space hogs have shown
themselves at OT events down through the years.  I cannot recall any abusers
among my client groups.

There was one occasion, as I've mentioned here in the past, when one
participant started ripping all the posters of the wall because he claimed
the topics had already been fully covered in his session and no further
discussion was required.  I had to stop him.

Ralph Copleman