July 2004 Summer Workshops covering Open Space

Francoise Coupal, Mosaic.net International fcoupal at mosaic-net-intl.ca
Fri Feb 20 07:55:38 PST 2004

Mosaic is pleased to announce the dates for the upcoming July 2004 Summer
Workshops on:  1) Results-based Management, Appreciative Inquiry and Open
Space; 2) Participatory Development; and 3) Participatory Monitoring and
Evaluation.  Please jot these dates down on your calendar and forward this
message to any interested colleagues.  We look forward to your participation.

Results-based Management, Appreciative Inquiry and Open Space Technology
Ottawa, Canada
July 12-16, 2004

This new workshop introduces participants to Results-based Management,
Appreciative Inquiry and Open Space Technology.  Demonstrate the
effectiveness of your programmes with Results-based Management.  Master
what we mean by results, develop programme/organizational plans which are
results-based and design performance monitoring systems based on indicators
and participatory methods.  You will learn how to apply gender analysis to
your work.  You will also expand your repertoire of tools  to also learn
about Appreciative Inquiry and Open Space and how they can be applied to
your organization, programme and/or project.  These approaches are
increasingly being used around the world to tap into new ways to do our
work in ways that are more results-oriented, more appreciative and less
problem-focused and more self-organized vs top down.

For further information, please refer to the web site at
http//www.mosaic-net-intl.ca or by email at workshop at mosaic-net-intl.ca.

Participatory Development Concepts, Tools and Application in PLA/PRA Methods
Ottawa, Canada
July 19-24, 2004

The PD workshop focuses on core participatory concepts, tools and their
application. This is an intensive six-day workshop set in the community to
maximize learning, group interaction and networking.  Topics include The
Origins of Participatory Development, Learning and Application of PRA/PLA
tools, the Application of Participation to Project Design, Monitoring and
Evaluation, Developing Effective Facilitation Skills, Building Action Plans
and Team-Building.  Two-day community assignments proposed by
community-based organizations in the Ottawa region will allow participants
to apply tools learned in the workshop to real-life situations.  This is
also a great opportunity to network with other practitioners, NGOs, donors,
and action researchers from all over the world.

For further information, please refer to the web site at
http//www.mosaic-net-intl.ca or by email at workshop at mosaic-net-intl.ca.

Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation
Ottawa, Canada
July 26-31, 2004

Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation (PM & E) involves a different
approach to project monitoring and evaluation by involving local people,
project stakeholders, and development agencies deciding together about how
to measure results and what actions should follow once this information has
been collected and analyzed.  This intensive six day experiential workshop
is practically focused with daily excursions into the community and a
three-day community assignment.  Topics covered at the workshop include
Origins of PM & E, Skills and Attributes of a PM & E facilitator, Learning
PM & E Tools, Designing a Monitoring and Evaluation Framework and Actions
Plan and much more.

All workshops organized by Mosaic are sensitive to issues of gender,
ethnicity, race, class and sexuality and how these can influence outcomes
and  how we see the world if they are absent from our assumptions, direct
participation,  our analysis and conclusions.

Can't attend the workshops?  Contact us to custom design a workshop to suit
the specific needs of your organization.

For further information, please refer to the web site at
http//www.mosaic-net-intl.ca or by email at workshop at mosaic-net-intl.ca.

Francoise Coupal
Founder of Mosaic.net International, Inc.

Francoise Coupal
Founder
Mosaic.net International, Inc.
705 Roosevelt Ave.
Ottawa, Canada K2A 2A8
Tel:  (613) 728-1439; Fax:  (613) 728-1154.

Please note that our 8th year of summer workshops will be held on the
following dates in Ottawa, Canada:
1.  Results-based Management, Appreciative Inquiry, and Open Space: July
12-16, 2004.
2.  Participatory Development Workshop:  Concepts, Tools and Application in
PRA/PLA Methods with Community Practicum:  July 19-24, 2004.
3.  Participatory Evaluation with Community Practicum:  July 26-31,2004.

Full details are available at www.mosaic-net-intl.ca. We look forward to
your participation!