networks of 5 on deep issues - example performing arts

Chris Macrae Wcbn009 at aol.com
Sat Feb 7 18:16:13 PST 2004

Somewhere the chat a few weeks back about micro open spaces led me to believe
that there could be a virtual parallel in forming micro-networks among 5 to 9
people who feel deeply about an issue, and need to get to trust each other in
co-planning how next to involve many others in changing something huge

Anyway this knits well with my belief that email is a miracle (for
self-organising & co-organising) if we learn to use it each to find our own 10 (say)
best lifelong mentors; and that email and open space are complimentary miracles
(email can link worldwide diversity with gravity, and keep such people in
touch, whereas open space is the way to get deeply networked/iteratively innovative
and humanly respecting each other however far apart geography may put you the
rest of the time)

I'd be happy to discuss the generalities of the above concept if anyone
wishes, but I hope you also will not mind if I occasionaly check out with you on a
specific context

As a starter, here is a lady who has spent most of her career deeply
committed to the performing arts in Canada, Toronto in particular I bel,eve, and this
is the network of 5 she is looking for in the first draft she sent to me

If anyone would like to connect with her to see if they might be a perfect
component of her micro-network of 5 please email me at wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk
with a cv or indeed anything you'd like me to relay on

cheers
chris macrae, wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk, www.valuetrue.com

Network of 5 appeal on behalf of Linda R.
Here's the cluster of issues that I am interested in discussing that relate
to my life and work:

How do we fund the arts in order to ensure that they are sustainable?  What
is the correct balance of state support and marketplace support for maximum
health of each discipline?  Once that is established, how do we get buy in from
governments and voters to support arts funding?  How do we counter the pressure
to let the marketplace decide, which demonstrably leads to only the lowest
common denominator surviving as saleable art?