CONVERSATION WITH AN INVADER

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Thu Dec 16 08:44:32 PST 2004

Ay, Brendan!

You wrote:
< I went off to
the lobby for a quiet sit and a coffee....then one of the managers came
over and sat down beside me, with a look of serious concern on her
face... >

I feel like I was sitting with you having a coffee and listening to this
manager with you.

They were so lucky to have you.

We are so lucky to have you.

I have found that even if an important issue was not raised at the
agenda-co-creation point, it will bubble up through some or all of the
discussions throughout the day.  And if it does not, people seem to
notice that it did not and therefore must not have been that important,
after all.

I think it's great to hear participants' concerns if they feel the need
to share them and sort of hear themselves think, but as you did, without
influencing or directing what they do about it - believing in them and
in their ability to do what they need to do - and telling them / showing
them you believe in them.

And, as you remind us:

t  r  u  s  t     t  h  e     p  r  o  c  e  s  s

Warm appreciation for you and your marvelousness,
Lisa

L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
O p e n i n g  S p a c e