CONVERSATION WITH AN INVADER

Chris Corrigan chris.corrigan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 12:25:41 PST 2004

Dynamite story Brendan...this is exactly the way to handle these types
of situations, and god knows I've had my fair share.

Perhaps it might be pointing us towards a truism:  in Open Space
issues that lurk below the radar will generally get dealt with below
the radar.  In other words if the dead moose/dingo will always get
dealt with in a manner directly related to how buried it is within the
organization.  No one will post a topic about it, but it will come out
somewhere.

The simple reason for this is that people, by definition, have been
unable to deal with the issue up to now, and so they are acting
perfectly consistently by not dealing with it when the agenda is set.
But the quality of dialogue ain OS will always open someone to
venturing the possibility that this issue needs to be raised.

If it is "the real issue" then it will really happen.

I like the bit of your story where the State Manager takes delight in
the fact that he didn't have to raise the issue, and yet it got dealt
with anyway.

Thanks a lot for this...

Chris
CHRIS CORRIGAN