OS and Ethics

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Tue Aug 31 11:13:05 PDT 2004

In a message dated 8/31/04 9:38:29 AM, seamus at crossroadsfacilitation.ie
writes:

> A question for the US listers, do birds of
> a feather flock together into certain areas of the US and is this affecting
> the way certain states will vote in the upcoming elections.
>
> People under threat tend to gather with others who make them feel safe.

Yes, this does happen, and I believe for the reason you state.   The state of
Idaho, for example, is quite conservative because it is an agricultural
economy.   And several communities of extremely conservative (and fearful) people
have grown up in the state.   So I think their voting will reflect those
influences.

On a more personal note, I do put an arm around my gun-totin' (literally) NRA
member daughter-in-law when the opportunity arises.   But I do grit my teeth
a bit at some of her more extreme beliefs and opinions.   Unfortunately, her
childhood taught her that the world is a dangerous place and no one will take
care of her but herself.

Joelle Everett
Shelton, Washington, USA