Unintend Consequences, Collateral Damage and Truth Telling

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Sat Aug 21 20:53:46 PDT 2004

Harrison--

It seems to me you have invented a different way to conclude OST. I think
there are 3 ways that are talked about here on the list:

1. Convergence (the first way).

2. Reopening the space for action planning (Chris Corrigan's way).

3. Opening breathing room (for times of shock).

So we have a fork in the OST road, and (no) surprise--we have choices!

It seems to me that opening space is something everybody should be able to
do--and indeed we all do it all the time. In other words, there are no
experts keeping the secrets to themselves. Yet this last one seems to be in
the secret tool bag of the practitioner. Is it not known to all of us that
when there is a fire in the circle, we must stop what we are doing and
evacuate the room? (Or something on that order?)

So, how do we, when do we, tell our people about it, share it with the
world? This one needs to be explored further, and the learning shared, yes?

                              :-Doug.
                              Seeking people making change.