AW: user event

NLP-Praxis-Koeln info at NLP-Praxis-Koeln.de
Wed Aug 4 11:44:55 PDT 2004

Hi Kerry Napuk,

i have questions of understanding about your user event:

> You wrote: Over the last two days, we facilitated an event with 102 mental
> You wrote: health users from all parts of Scotland.  In two
> You wrote: rounds of issues and
> You wrote: actions on finding a collective voice during day one,

What do you mean with a collective voice?

> You wrote: they convened
> You wrote: 30 sessions with 90 actions.  On day two on making
> You wrote: their voice heard,
> You wrote: service users created 14 project teams, including

What`s the different of mental health users and service users?

> You wrote: plans to form a new
> You wrote: national organisation.  The opening circle was

What are the aims of this orga?

> You wrote: pulsating with energy
> You wrote: and set the scene for a very memorable event.
> You wrote:
> You wrote: There were many stories of personal courage,
> You wrote: participants who came to
> You wrote: Dundee having not left their houses in more than two
> You wrote: years and not
> You wrote: having been away overnight or on a train alone for
> You wrote: more years than
> You wrote: they could recall.
> You wrote:
> You wrote: Even though participants were all users of mental
> You wrote: health services and
> You wrote: were coping with various medical illnesses, they stuck

What mean this? Is that like a game like playing a rule for understanding
the illness?

> You wrote: into the work
> You wrote: with great gusto and humour.  It was a magnificent
> You wrote: conference of
> You wrote: individual learning and sharing, as well as collective
> You wrote: consciousness.

What do you mean with collective consciousness?

Thank you for your patience and reply.

Carlos Maihoff
Cologne/Germany