Intercambio en castellano y portuguis

Lucas Gonzalez lgs0a at yahoo.es
Wed Apr 21 01:09:54 PDT 2004

Artur writes
> [...] in this list messages in other languages are welcome.
> But I think that this must be used only for "ocasional messages".
> The normal discussion in the OSLIST must be in English, because that
> is the denominator of all of us.

Agreed!  Let's use ea-wiki-iberia and please lead us to where you think
we might start with the wiki.

Non-English lists have only a few participants to start with, but
that's what happened with OSLIST itself!  Signalling messages with <ES>
in the "topic" is not convenient.

subscribe or to invite others, e.g. wiki!) is good because it is:
- as open as OSLIST.  The ea-wiki-iberia list is "open" in content:
people can read the messages without being subscribed (I think).
- easy to run.  The moderator must keep the gates, but can be helped if
needed.
- there are computer programs (perl scripts) that would allow us to
extract each and every message from a yahoo list, in case we wanted to
"move" to another list in the future.
- searchable, not directly like OSLIST, but using google.

Lucas

Correo Yahoo! - 6MB, más protección contra el spam ¡Gratis!
http://correo.yahoo.es