Spanish-speaking people + OS via chat and wikis

Miguel R. Gonzalez R. migora at cantv.net
Sat Apr 17 13:59:59 PDT 2004

Lucas:  what is your email?

Miguel

De: OSLIST
Fecha: 04/17/04 11:44:01
Para: OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU
Asunto: Spanish-speaking people + OS via chat and wikis

> I'm starting in Open Space 'World' and I wish to
> contact other people who speaks portuguese or
> spanish.

I speak Spanish and I'm new to the list.  I live in
Spain and have no experience at all with Open Space.
I would like to, but I'm not sure if it can work in an
extremely closed space such as civil servants'
hierarchies.

I know there's an "iberia" (Spanish and Portuguese
etc) part in http://www.openspaceworld.org - the wiki.
There's also an email list in
groups.yahoo.com/groups/ea-wiki-iberia (my membership
is pending, tried to subscribe 1-2 days ago) with very
low activity and centered in coordinating colaboration
to translate the wiki pages.
In this list there are a few Spanish speaking persons
- some with great experience it seems!

We could create another list, an open one (no need to
accept membership), in yahoogroups or somewhere else.
We might also meet at the wiki and work there, perhaps
with short notices here in this list.

I think many Spanish speaking people would welcome
more information or suggestions, whatever people feel
like sharing!  Thanks!

---

Also, I have this question: does anyone here have
experience with Open Space using internet chat?  I
guess there can be opening silence, marketplace, etc.
It would allow for people from different countries
(same language or parallel spaces) to meet in Open
Space.  "Peace" looks like a good subject.  The
computer network side would have to be robust and
allow for logging, reviewing and editting (perhaps
using wikis), etc.

There's this http://wtfcon.org initiative where they
have some elements for this - yet they did flesh-OS.
There's also this
http://www.primarilypublicdomain.org/1.html
initiative, with people wishing to "work openly" on
the internet.

Most people don't have or like internet access, and I
guess Open Space is more "powerful" in flesh, and in
people's own language.

---

What should we do regarding the Spanish-speaking
people's interests?

Lucas

Correo Yahoo! - 6MB, más protección contra el spam ¡Gratis!
http://correo.yahoo.es