is it still open?

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Tue Apr 6 15:19:34 PDT 2004

Elwin -- you have described my way perfectly. Having the conversation is
great -- always keeping everything open to outcomes. I remember sitting with
an anxious sponsor before a meeting who was so concerned that the "right"
issues would not emerge. I invited him to write down what he thought were
the "right issues" on a piece of paper, put it in his pocket, and then see
how things moved along. At the end of the OS, I asked how it all came out
for him, and he responded that it was all "magic" -- and frankly he had
never looked at his piece of paper. I urged him to do that -- and he pulled
out a rumpled piece, contemplated it for a bit and said -- "God that was
awful! The folks were so much wiser that I." I have used the strategy on
several occasions and it always seems to work. For the nervous folks, I say
write it down so you know what should be done. Makes them feel better, and
they never look back. Wonderful.

ho

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit: