back to work...

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Mon Apr 5 21:06:06 PDT 2004

the list software package we're using via bsu seems to have it's own
search function.  i'd be surprised if bsu was contracting with google
since we have this other search process, but i can ask.  also, there are
many function icons on the site, various services patched together to
make the list we have, but none of them is google.  the internal and
external processes seem to satisfy totally separate needs, if i
understand this right.

Joelle Lyons Everett wrote:

>Re: the ability to search OSList archives:   a friend today told me that some
>universities contract with Google for a search function, but the search is an
>internal one, only available to subscribers.   Might be a good idea to
>clarify with Boise State whether the archives are open for anyone on the Internet to
>search, or if they are using Google's service for an internal search
>function.   Apparently this Google service is available only to universities and some
>nonprofits.
>
>Joelle
>
>*
>*