back to work...

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Mon Apr 5 20:43:51 PDT 2004

Therese Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Thanks for looking into the delete function, Michael.  It sounds too
> complicated for this list to consider it.  I belong to some online
> communities that subscribe to BigMindMedia's Catalyst and each person has
> the ability at any time to edit and/or delete anything they post. . .
> so I
> have come to take such a function for granted.

yep.  that one's a whole different animal, for sure.

> I am comfortable having these archives open.  I am comfortable having
> them
> closed.  I am comfortable closing them historically but opening them
> from a
> specific point in time that is determined through dialogue on this list.

from what i've learned from the tech folks, this seems also unworkable
unless we decided to throw away all we've done and i am sure that even
the thought of that has already produced a few *gasps* worldwide just
now.  so i don't think we need much of a decision making process to say
we're not going to trashcan that.  so it seems we're either all open or
all closed, in terms of past v. future.

> I like Birgitt's suggestion that this list discuss the archive question,
> with the possibility of changing the recent decision to open the archives
> without subscription to the list.  It would be interesting, for me, to
> see
> the  design for a process to make a decision within an online, open space
> community.  What would such a process look like to each of you?  I would
> welcome the exercise.

what would it look like for me?  i haven't really a clue... in open
space people post things and if there's energy things happen... i sort
of posted a bit and a bunch of folks said things and so far i'm pretty
comfortable with the chaos of all of it... so i'm not having any burning
need for more order... i think it might be worth tracking back through
what's been said already and see what themes are there... but i'm not
sure at all what more might be done to organize this system... anybody?

> Persistent heartburn? Check out Digestive Health & Wellness for
> information
> and advice. http://gerd.msn.com/default.asp

> Visit:

Michael Herman