An Appreciation of the OS Community

Lisa lisaheft at pacbell.net
Mon Apr 5 17:46:12 PDT 2004

Bob, Bob, Bob --

You wrote:
< Yesterday I facilitated my first open space for a church of which I am
member.  It was as expected an amazing experience.>

C o N g R a T u L a T I O n S  !!!

Or should I say,

Woo-HOO!

I am guessing that you held space in a nurturing and pure way, Robert,
as is your personal style.

It is true that it requires a lot of giving away, letting go, releasing
of expectations and hoped-fors, but it delivers a lot of
never-expecteds.

That's why I always describe it as...breathing lessons.

Folks on the list - I am really humbled by the caliber, talent and
passion of the people I am so honored to be with in my learning
workshops.  I learn so much and the room of participants who find their
way to these workshops is so rich with experience and perspective and
exploration and nutrition.  Bob, you teach me so much.

I am also amazed at the courage it takes each and every one of us who
begins our work in Open Space to jump off into the unknown...with faith.

And each time we do it, no matter how many years we've been doing it,
it's the same faith in and release to the unknown.

Truly a sacred moment.

Reminds me of a sign I once saw in a window of a house in San Francisco:

"Leap

...and the net will follow."

Bravo, dear Robert - may you have many more surprising and reaffirming
experiences in Open Space.  The world is a better place for you being in
it and sharing of your generous spirit, skill and faith.

Warmly,

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator