Raffi's Report

Judi Richardson judir at accesswave.ca
Fri Apr 16 15:41:30 PDT 2004

Hello Raffi!  Thank you for the wonderful report.  I've been off opening
space and not on the list for a while!  I acknowledge you for fearlessly
opening space and recognize your growth as the facilitator.  If I truly
believe in the brilliance of people and offer them self-organization, they
see and appreciate what happens in the space.  How much can you let go and
believe that in providing a truly spacious process -- in holding the
space -- the group can truly become the content experts?

Raffi -- from what you wrote it sounds like some of the sadness of the group
was transferred on to you and the process.  And that makes sense, it is
easier and safer to do that than to accept responsibility ourselves.  As to
your questions...

 I don't "train" the sponsors or the participants.  In meeting with the
sponsor prior to the OST I run through what will happen and some of what
might "come up" for them.  I find the group will do the report writing
however it needs to be done.  Some groups choose not to make a report --
whatever happens is the only thing that could!
Perhaps they weren't ready for action.

If I introduce the law of mobility (or two feet) and then insist that
everyone stays .... am I closing space?  Perhaps it is a "given" that people
need to participate as decided by the sponsor!?  I do always work with the
sponsor to strengthen the invitation and be prepared for whatever happens.

I recently opened space for a 75 member department -- managers, staff,
maintenance and vice president.  I was truly humbled at the simple
approach -- unlayered intelligence -- with which they approached what was
coming up.  Most of what was generated was what we can take personal
responsibility for.

Happy Spring All!!
Judi

Judith Richardson, MA
Coaching & Consulting
Optimizing Performance, Potential and Profitability
www.ponoconsultants.com
www.emergentfeminine.com

Subscribe to our newsletter at www.emergentfeminine.com

Check out www.emergentfeminine.com for special programs and new products!