So what should be done with the archieves now?

Nicolai von Ertzdorff el.nicolai at web.de
Tue Apr 6 19:21:16 PDT 2004

Hi,
I still wonder about the archieves.
May be, I'm not completely up to date, putting just the same questions, as
somebody did just before. -  But I still didn't get, why the archieves can
be found and accessed by google. Or is this just something, which is
planned? I mean, archieves can be very interesting for a community.
But the so called "container" , the "skin" , the "whomb" with the "cellular
compound", the baby inside has to be respected also. To me, it's very
important, to know about.
Not, because it bothers me personally. But it's just important, to know
about who in this is list is feeling like to do what?-I know some archetypes
of interests, but not much more...but to know, whether finally this becomes
a "tabu", just represented by having more "lurkers", or whether there is a
true consensus in the community, to me it's important.-So, finally, I'd like
to know about the problems quality: Is it a technical problem, or is it a
decission - problem?

If it is something to be decided,
where is a statement in favor of why the archieves should be opened to
anybody, even not being in the list? -To me, It would be, like taking away
the protecting skin, even if I have not the slightest problem about, for eg,
making jokes on "W"'s..being found later at somebodies webpage.. But, may
be, there are some convincing arguments also? Besides, dealing with
container-images: It's also important, that the "mother" feels good. If the
mother doesn't feel good, the baby neither won't..But who is who in this
case ? <grin>

If it is not,
then, why it's not just possible, to maintain the archieves protected by a
simple  password, like it's usual in many lists?
If somebody wants to make for eg a research, he can ask, simply..
Or, is it some problem, wich the "boisy"-staff is not able to solve,
actually? And what would be necessary to resolve it?

I'd love to be enabled to get some clear opinion about the issue .-))

With passionate interest in this list
Nicolai